Your home or business is likely your largest investment, and with any large investment, regular maintenance is a must to maintain and increase the value of your property. A home maintenance checklist can keep you on track.
It is essential to perform seasonal checks on your homes or businesses, to ensure that you are not missing any small issues that could later become major problems. Weekends are the perfect opportunity to check spaces in and around your home for any damage that could have occurred in the winter months.
HERE ARE THE TOP TEN THINGS THAT YOU CAN INSPECT THIS WEEKEND:
- Inspect your roof for any signs of damage or loose shingles from the winter snow or spring storms.
- Check your attic for signs of water leaking, specifically, wet spots on the interior of the roof.
- Clean your gutters, caulk any holes that you find, make sure downspouts are pointing out away from the home.
- Check decks for rotting wood and concrete for cracks.
- Check for signs of mold in moist areas, like bathrooms and laundry rooms.
- Check that all smoke detectors and fire extinguishers are working properly.
- Check basements and crawl space for any signs of leaking, mold or foundation problems.
- Check wiring in attic spaces, looking for signs of rodents that could have eaten any electrical wires.
- Check sprinkler systems to ensure they are working properly.
- Inspect windows and doors to make sure that they are sealed properly and there is no leaking.
Taking the time for regular maintenance checks can save you from big headaches in the future. An unnoticed leak hiding in your home can cause toxic mold in a matter of 24 to 48 hours.
If you find any signs of mold, water leaks or potential fire hazards, please call IRS immediately for assistance. Our trained professionals are here to help you with any mold, water or fire issues that may arise and get your home or business back to a safe and healthy environment.